Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thanksgiving!

The Saturday after Thanksgiving is when we have our dinner. We usually go to my dad's for Thanksgiving Day. But we like doing our own dinner with lots of leftovers ;)

We invite friends, family... Basically, it's whoever wants to come!

The menu is the same every year. I had to remake a few dishes to be gluten free, but they taste the same! I haven't found a good substitute for my homemade onion bread, but we don't miss it with so much other yummy food!

Here's my menu (click on a dish for the recipe):

Nibbles while everything is cooking:
Deviled eggs
Olives (assorted sizes black olives)

Main meal:
Turkey (I stuff it with quartered onions and bake in a Reynolds Oven Bag)
Cornbread dressing
Cream spinach
Green beans with apple cider
Baked sweet potatoes (baked, mashed, with butter and salt)
Cranberry sauce
Creamy sweet corn

Desserts:
Pumpkin pie
Chocolate pecan pie
Apple cake
Whipped cream
Coffee (dark and strong!)

No comments:

Post a Comment